In This Section

The School Environment

The original school was built in 1938 around a central quad which is now an attractive environmental outdoor learning area including a pond. The school has been part of an expansion programme since 2011 and has had two new blocks of spacious classrooms added. In addition to the classrooms we have a specialist Food Technology room, large playing fields, two computer suites, a recently refurbished library, two school halls and two separate playgrounds.

Pupils value learning; they love coming to their school and take pride in it.OFSTED, 2016

Uniquely, within the grounds there is a World War II Blast Shelter which has ‘Local Heritage’ status  and has been restored, acting as a museum for the local community and a much-valued learning resource.

The Hungry Caterpillar pre-school is located within the school grounds and has strong links with the school.

Prospective parents and pupils are very welcome to look round the school: please contact the school office for further details.