Stanburn achieves School Games Silver Mark
We are delighted to announce that Stanburn Primary School, hs achieved the School Games Silver Mark Award for the 2021/22 academic year. The School Games Mark is a Government-led award scheme launched in 2012, facilitated by the Youth Sport Trust to reward and recognise school’s engagement (provision and uptake) in the School Games against a national benchmark and to celebrate keeping young people active, and we are delighted to have been recognised for our success. Our physical activity and school sport achievements this year include:
- Hosted a Tag Rugby competition that involved other local schools;
- Finished 3rd at the Year 5 and 6 Boys Football festival;
- First place in Harrow School's Athletics competition
- Achieved 2nd place in the Harrow QUAD kids athletics competition
- Qualified for the Netball Finals - finishing in 3rd place;
- Welcomed Barnet FC players and provided YR5/6 children football lessons during lunchtimes;
- Entered our first ever Girls football team in the Harrow league - giving them an opportunity to show off their new kits and more.
We are extremely proud of our pupils for their dedication to all aspects of physical activity and school sport, including those young volunteers, leaders and officials who made our events possible. We are committed to using the School Games to try and engage those young people who haven’t previously been active or represented our school and to try and ensure that all our students have a positive experience and want to try out new activities beyond school too in our community. We believe in the power of physical activity and school sport as a school and give opportunities to those young people that need it most either as a participant, leader, official or volunteer. As part of our application, we were asked to fulfil criteria in the areas linked to the five School Games outcomes and we are pleased that the hard work of everyone at our school has been rewarded this year.
A special thanks to: Mrs Hartland, Mr I Ehui and all the members of staff who helped run clubs and organise competitions.