Pupil Premium is additional funding allocated to schools for pupils eligible for Free School Meals at any point in the last six years. Funding is aimed at addressing any underlying inequalities which may exist for these children.
Stanburn Primary School is committed to providing an inclusive, outstanding curriculum for all children, regardless of their background and ensuring all children can achieve their best.
If you would like to check to see if your child is eligible for Free School Meals / Pupil Premium Finding, you can use the London Grid for Learning (LGfL) site. Click the image below to check.
Principles of Pupil Premium allocation at Stanburn
High standards of teaching and learning ensure the needs of all pupils are addressed. Appropriate additional provision is made for pupils who may need this through careful assessing of their needs. Funding will be targeted at the areas of most need to close any gaps between the attainment and progress of individuals in receipt of extra funding and all other pupils.
The range of provision includes:
- Providing small group work with an experienced staff member focussed on overcoming gaps in learning
- 1-1 targeted support
- Additional teaching and learning opportunities (pre-teaching or re-teaching) provided through trained learning mentors and assistants
- A dedicated Pupil Wellbeing Mnetor to support the children's social and emotional needs
- Purchasing additional resources to meet additional learning needs
- Staff training to better support the needs of the pupils
- Opportunities to join extra-curricular clubs provided to target particular needs
- Part-payment of the board and lodging costs of residential trips
- Part-payment towards the cost of school trips
- Possible payment of breakfast club (assessed on an individual basis)
Our use of pupil premium funding is aimed at accelerating progress, moving children closer to their age related expectation. High achieving pupils will have extra opportunities to enrich and deepen their learning.