In This Section

Stanburn Blast Shelter

Stanburn Blast Shelter was built in 1939 in the grounds of Stanburn School. Used throughout the War, the shelter has come to be an important part of the school’s history. As such, it has been carefully restored and is now a museum, housing a range of genuine artefacts from the time.

The Blast Shelter is available for pupils from other schools to visit as part of a History curriculum.

Click on the image below to go to the Stanburn Blast Shelter website.

Stanburn Blast Shelter